Thursday, December 13, 2012

Simply Clean

If you haven't figured this out already, I am trying to turn around my life and be in control of the things that I can personally control. For instance, how I present myself (hint all the posts about fashion recently). Another way I am trying to control my surroundings is by keeping a clean house. Yep, you heard it. The messiest girl in the world is trying to be clean! Who would have thunk?

I have been pinning away things on Pinterest that will help me in my cleanliness quest. All things clean is what I am going for here. If you follow me on Pinterest, you will notice my cleaning board is titled "Cinderelly Clean." Yep, ALL Disney Princesses clean (you think I am wrong, just think about it). That is step one to becoming one, you know (I just scared about half of you and you will probably not finish this post)! Sorry, I love Disney and I have to find a way to make myself clean, right?

Tonight I tried out one of the methods of cleaning I found on Pinterest. I actually really liked it!

During Thanksgiving, my dear, loving brother made a reference to my microwave and the fact that it was dirty and needed to be clean. Thank you, brother (you know who you are), for pointing out the obvious. Although it was obvious, and a fact, it still embarrassed me to know that someone else noticed. Hints the method for cleaning the microwave.

So...

All you need is a medium sized microwavable bowl, water, and either a fresh lemon or lemon juice in a bottle. I had the latter, so that's what I used.

Fill said bowl half way with water. Either juice your lemon into the water or add some lemon juice. Put bowl in microwave and microwave on high for 5 minutes (silly that microwave can be a noun and a verb in one sentence (sorry for my dorkiness)). Let bowl stand for 1-2 minutes after your 5 minutes is up. Take out rotator or whatever gadgets you have in there and wash down with hot, soapy water in the sink. Use a rag dipped in your original mixture to wipe down all inside surfaces of the microwave. Don't forget the inside of the door! All that gunky yucky food should just wipe right off. And be careful, because that water is HOT. I then dried it all off and put the rotating tray back into the microwave.

Viola! A clean microwave!

No comments:

Post a Comment