Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Will to Run

For about a year and a half I have been doing CrossFit as a means to get my exercise in for the week. I absolutely LOVE CrossFit for so many reasons. I love the challenge, I love the people, I love that you see results, I love that you start doing things that you never thought you would EVER be able to do (like a pull-up or a rope climb), I love that it pushes you farther than you ever thought you would go, I love the high that you get from working your body past the point of breaking, I love that ANYONE can do it even though nobody thinks that they can, I love all of it. Since I have started school in August it has been really hard for me to keep up my CrossFit routine. Because I have such long hours at work, which means I can't go to CrossFit on those days, and then on my days off I have to get up and read a stinky, boring textbook, I have not found the "umph" to wake up early on my days off and go to the gym. To sum it up, I have been lazy (fine, I will admit it!).

All that to say, I would recommend CrossFit to anyone and everyone. However, this week, I have made the decision to put CrossFit on the back burner for now. It is difficult to keep something in a certain time slot on a regular basis with the unscheduled life that I have. 

Therefore, I have also decided I have to still get exercise at home. I decided that this will actually work, because in the last few months on my days off when I couldn't get up to go to CrossFit (at 6am), I have been waking up and running at home. 

Today is my day off so I woke up, laughed at all the ridiculous comments on Facebook about the election (from both sides mind you), looked at Pinterest for a few to recover, and then got me and my lazy dog's butt out of bed. I suited up like a snowman (it was in the 40's this morning, burr), wished for the first time in my life I had bought Sadie a doggie sweater (I admit it), and tried to get her excited about going for a run and going out in the cold. 

Needless to say, it is hard to run with an unmotivated dog. We did a few laps around the neighborhood while I listened to America's Test Kitchen and then did some squats. It was short and sweet, but at least I did it. 

I will continue to work out on my days off and drag this lazy pooch around with me.

(This is a picture I took after our first lap around the neighborhood. When we got back to our driveway, she seriously halted and sat. It made me laugh so hard that I had to stop and take a picture. She is such a lazy girl, but you gotta love her!)

Happy running! Hope this picture brings you some motivation! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment