Friday, November 4, 2011

My Day Off

I am SO excited to report what I did today on my day off! Today I did one of those things you put at the bottom of your to-do list because you really DON'T want to do it. I am so proud of myself for doing it, I just had to blog about it!

We bought our house about a year and a half ago after living with my husband's parents for a short period of time while we saved up some money. We ended up buying a foreclosure to try to save some money by getting a good deal. We love the house we bought, but it has taken some manual labor trying to get this thing looking like a home.

We do have a small upstairs that is one larger bedroom over the garage, a small landing area at the top of the stairs that we have no idea what to do with, and a full bathroom. It was first our office, then a music room, then my sewing/craft room. Unfortunately, we have not been using this space in a long time because Sadie, our dog, started using this space as her own bathroom without us knowing about it. Sorry for too much info, but this is why I did what I did today. I ripped up that nasty carpet! When we bought the house, the carpet was already in pretty bad shape, but Sadie's habits didn't help at all.

Sorry I don't have any before pictures... I thought it would be a little too graphic for you. Here is the finished project for today.


This is the landing at the top of the stairs.

This is the bedroom that will soon be a purty craft room!
My plans for this room include making a craft area, sewing area, storage area, and possibly letting Daniel store some of his instruments and things. I am thinking about possibly painting the room a different color, but we will see! Making some curtains are a must, so be on the lookout for that project! I will keep you updated!

P.S. For those of you that are interested in doing something similar in their own house, ripping out some carpet is very easy. It is a little time consuming and it does take some manual labor, but paying someone to do it is a little too much in my opinion. However, I am the cheapest person in the world. All you need is a razor blade (you can get that at a hardware store) and some muscles. I also wore some work gloves, and if your carpet is super nasty, wear a mask. All you do is start cutting 4-5 foot long sections, rolling them up like a burrito, and taking out your rolls to the garbage! Easy enough! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment