Monday, December 31, 2012

happy NEW year

Well folks, today is the last day of the year 2012. Can you believe it?!

I cannot. I feel like the days go by so fast. The older I get, the more I realize how precious time really is.  You cannot take time for granted in this world. Life is just too short. Making the most of every opportunity is the best way to live. One of my favorite verses from the bible says,

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." Eph. 5:15-17

Anywho, with this year ending, it brings some sadness to my heart that a whole year has passed and it is done. On the other hand, the end of one year means there is a beginning of a new year.

-Beginning-

Just think about that word for a second. What hope that word brings. What fresh and new ideas that word means. Beginnings are always a good thing. A clean slate. Starting anew. Creating something out of nothing. All of these things are what I want this new year to bring to me and my life and my friends and my family.

I want a new diet
I want a new exercise routine
I want a fresh relationship
I want to start over
I want to be better
I want things to be different
I want to improve at everything I do
I want a new hobby


Whatever it is that you want, I encourage you to think about it, pray about it, and pursue it. I think that is why we have so many beginnings and so many ends in this life. It reminds us that things can change, that we have a second chance. Why not use them now while we still can? Not to be too dorky or too sentimental or too weird, but it reminds me of a phoenix. I know they are made up, but they provide a good image of starting over, a new beginning.

One of the things I want to improve on this year is my health. I don't want to go on a diet or a binge exercise program. I want to change my life. I want to stop eating outside of the house and find a way to cook most of the meals that my family eats. I want to find a routine to do so that I will exercise during the week. 

I also want to find a routine to keep my house clean. I want routine. I so desperately crave it. It is something I haven't had the whole time I have been out of college. It was ridiculous to think of a routine while I was working night shift, but now that I work days, I need to spend some time coming up with a game plan and find some routine in my life. 

I also want to read more and watch less T.V. I want to better myself. I can sit down and relax and read a book just as easily as watching a T.V. show.

I also want to create. I have such a creative spirit, but never spend time doing creative things. I want to use some of my free time to craft as much as possible.

Lastly, I want to make our house a home. We have almost been living in this house for 3 years and we still don't have anything up on our walls (much to my husband's dismay). He has been begging and begging and BEGGING me to do it for these 3 years and I have not done it. I have so many excuses it's ridiculous. No more excuses. 

What do you want to do this year? What are your goals? What things do you want to change about your life? It's the best time of the year to make a change!

All this to say...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment