Friday, February 22, 2013

Saving Time


Hope everyone has enjoyed their week. My hubby has been traveling this week, so I have been keeping myself more than busy with work, schoolwork, and house work. That is a lot of work!

After my last post, I thought I would share one of my all time favorite winter secrets. I tend to use the crockpot A LOT, especially because I work all day and want a hot meal when I come home. One of the things I have discovered that saves me SO much time is this lovely invention...


Via www.frugalcouponliving.com

These puppies are a life saver! 

You know after you cook something in a crockpot, and gunk is all stuck to the sides of the pot (or burnt) and you have to let your crockpot soak overnight and then scrub away until it all comes off?!
Using these, you don't have to lift a finger! All you do is open a liner and line your crockpot, put all your food in, cook, eat, and simply lift the liner out and put it in the trash. I don't wash my crockpot until I have cooked in it a few times, or the few times that the bags have leaked (don't cut your meat inside your crockpot, it cuts a hole in the liner).

This is especially helpful when I work 2 days in a row. The other thing I don't want to have to do when I get home is scrub my crockpot so that I can put another meal in it for the next morning. 

You can find these kitchen helpers in the section where all the cling wrap, tin foil, baggies, etc. are located. I am trying to find the best deal on them, but until then you can find them anywhere.

I will soon post another crockpot recipe that I made this week. Good recipe for St. Patty's Day coming up soon!

Have a great weekend! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment